When the glycerin needs to be concentrated, we normally divide the glycerin into glycerin with salt and Glycerin without salt. Our company has many years’ experience for Glycerin concentration. In following chapter, we take example of concentration of Glycerin without salt.
Glycerin Separation And Concentration Design base
Our company will design the equipment material and working pressure according to following data:
- Low concentration glycerol after impurity removal pretreatment, it can be concentrated to about 70% by multi effect evaporator, to become crude glycerin.
- The crude glycerol will be further treated trough falling film distillation production to become refined glycerin.
- Feed concentration: 8%; discharge concentration 70%.
- Feed capacity: 3T/h; evaporation capacity: 2.6ton/T.
- Concentration temperature: <80℃.
- Working temperature of heat conducting oil: 250℃.
The solution does not contain salt, so the evaporation process does not produce crystallization, so we can choose two effect or three effect falling film evaporator with following advantages:
- Advanced falling film evaporator has the advantages of high heat transfer efficiency, high flexibility and reliable operation;
- Make full use of high temperature condensate water to preheat the incoming material, reduce the heat emission as much as possible, and reduce the consumption of fresh steam;
- Falling film vacuum operation, with short material heating time and lower evaporation temperature, can guarantee the product quality reliably.
- The orifice plate throttling process is adopted to make the condensate water and non-condensable gas automatic discharged, and the manual operation is reduced