Evaporation concentration is common way to process materials in chemical production. At present, the popular evaporator type includes falling film evaporator, forced circulation evaporator and scraper evaporator. But these evaporators have some disadvantages as follows:
- Falling film evaporator is not suitable to deal with the materials easy to crystallization, easy to scale material with large viscosity. The application range is largely restricted.
- Forced circulation evaporator is equipped with a high power axial flow pump, the power consumption is large and the end point of the material concentration is lower.
- Scraper evaporator has a relatively large footprint because of its unit heating area and the heating area is generally smaller than 30m2. However, larger workshop is needed for civil construction which leads to higher construction cost. Besides, the material concentration of discharge is not easy to control.
In order to give better evaporator solution to client, our company develops the built-in rotary evaporator with significant advantages, to make up for the shortcomings of traditional evaporators.
Built-in rotary evaporator working principle:
Built-in rotary evaporator is professional evaporation equipment with heating tube bundles built-in the evaporated material; the heating unit has functions including heating, stirring, mixing and screw pushing. Built-in rotary evaporator has the characteristics of large evaporation area, small equipment footprint and continuous feed evaporation.
The heating medium flows through the tube bundles built in the evaporation chamber and the material is heated outside the heating tube. The tube bundle is rotated in the evaporation chamber driven by the motor, which can agitate the material continuously and the maximum stirring speed can reach 12m/s. Therefore, it is almost impossible for the material to fouling on the outer wall of the heating tube.
Meanwhile, the tube bundles are equipped with external axial pushing device, which can make the material fully rolling, flow through the evaporation surface continuously. The evaporation strength is several times of forced circulation evaporator.
The steam enters the heating tube bundles through the distributor. The material enter the evaporation chamber via upside hopper and flowing down to the lower part of the evaporation chamber. The material is heated and evaporated during flowing down. The secondary steam will be discharged from secondary steam outlet, which will be condensed or compressed by MVR steam compressor. When the material is concentrated to the target concentration, the material will be discharged and the evaporation process is completed.
Main features of built-in rotary evaporator:
- Suitable for material with large viscosity large. The evaporator can handle a high viscosity liquid with a viscosity of 100pa.s. The viscosity ratio of the inlet materials to the out materials can be over 1000.
- Steam inside the tube and material outside the tube, almost no fouling in the process even for high viscosity liquid
- High heat transfer area/volume ratio. With the same volume, the heating area is about 10 times of the traditional kettle type concentrator.
- Low temperature evaporation, suitable for heat sensitive materials. The evaporation concentration can be realized in high vacuum condition, and the boiling point of the material is reduced effectively, especially suitable for heat sensitive materials.
- Compact design, small footprint and low investment in civil construction. Compared with the same capacity evaporator, it covers an area of only 1/8, and no need multi-layer steel frame platform.
- Lower power consumption & lower steam consumption.
- Automatic control & easy operation. With PLC automatic control system, computer control the process, monitoring temperature, liquid level, material concentration, pressure etc at any time. Generate on-line automatic record data.
- Circulating evaporation and high concentration ratio. The low concentration mother liquid is returned to evaporator chamber to ensure the final concentration requirements.
Built-in rotary evaporator main application:
This equipment is suitable for almost all conditions and materials, especially for materials with high viscosity, easy to crystal material.
- Phosphoric acid slurry MVR built-in rotary evaporator system for Phosphate fertilizer plant;
- Sodium aluminate lye MVR built-in rotary evaporator system for Bayer process alumina plant
- Caustic soda MVR built-in rotary evaporator for Diaphragm caustic soda plant
- sodium chloride MVR built-in rotary evaporator crystallizer for Vacuum salt making
- Sodium sulphate MVR built-in rotary evaporator for Mirabilite factory
- Copper sulfate and nickel sulfate medium MVR built-in rotary evaporator concentration system for Hydrometallurgy plant
- ammonium chloride MVR built-in rotary evaporator and crystallizer for Soda plant
- Waste water MVR built-in rotary evaporator for paper mill
- Alcohol MVR built-in rotary evaporator Evaporation concentration, citric acid MVR evaporation and sugar syrup MVR evaporation and concentration for light industry
About HSD Built-in Rotary Evaporator:
HSD is leading Built-in Rotary Evaporator manufacture from China, we can offer one stop turnkey solution for MVR Evaporator, Built-in Rotary Evaporator, Multiple Effect Evaporator, Agitated Thin Film Evaporator with global service, just fell free to contact us to get the Built-in Rotary Evaporator price and other information.