With centrifugal force generated by high speed rotation, different gravity materials are subjected to different centrifugal forces. The heavier solids are deposited on the wall of the drum, and the solids and a small amount of liquid are discharged through PLC control system. Along the outer conical disc surface, the liquid phase flows to axil center and goes up, and discharged out of the disk stack separator. Thus, the separation of the solid and the light liquid is achieved. Disc stack separator is mainly composed of the feeding and discharge device, drum, shell, the vertical axis, the horizontal axis, the motor and the automatic control system.
Classified by automatic control degree, disk stack separator can be divided into the manual discharge type and automatic discharge type, and completely automatic discharge disk stack separator with PLC system.
Classified by application, disk stack separator can be divided into solids-liquid separation disk stack separator and solids-liquid-liquid three phase separation disk stack separator.
Solids-liquid-liquid three phase separation disk stack separator working process:
- The raw material will be feeding to disk centrifuge via feeding pipe, and flow to the drum wall via distribution hole. With centrifugal force, the heavier solids sink into the inner wall of the drum and form sediment;
- The light liquid, will flows to axil center and goes up, and discharged out of the centrifuge along the outer conical disk surface;
- The light liquid, will flows to axil center and goes up, and discharged out of the centrifuge along the inner conical disk surface.
Disk stack separator main features:
- Drum is tested by accurate dynamic balance machine, smooth running, small vibration and low noise;
- All the parts in contact with the material are made of stainless steel, which can effectively reduce the corrosion of the separated materials and meet the hygienic requirements of the food;
- Equipped with concentric pump for discharge; the lighter liquid and heavier liquid will be discharge by concentric pump;
- Adopt hydraulic coupler and a pair of spiral speed gear for power transmission, stable speed growth and overload protection;
- Equipped with automatic control system with high degree of automation, strong adaptability and easy adjustment for process adjustment, and greatly reduce the operation strength of workers.
Main application of disk stack separator:
The disc centrifuge is a kind of equipment with high efficiency, large output and advanced automation. It is suitable for liquid separation with low solid suspension and small proportion difference. It is necessary equipment for many industries such as pharmaceutical, food, chemical, biological products, and beverage products and so on.
- Milk separator: used for skim milk or milk clarification (removing solid impurities);
- Mineral oil separator: remove water and mechanical impurities from mineral oil, such as Fuel oil, diesel oil, lubricating oil and transformer oil.
- Plant oil separator: used for the processing and refining of vegetable oil;
- Animal oil separator: used in the processing of meat to refine animal oil, or to concentrate and separate fish oil during the processing of aquatic products;
- Yeast separators: used to concentrate yeast and nozzle slag;
- Wool fat separator: wool textile industry to extract wool fat from wool washing water, spray nozzle slag;
- Pharmaceutical disc separator: suitable for the extraction of antibiotics, vitamins and so on in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Beer separators: Used for clarification of beer, malt juice and other beverages.
- Latex separator: for the concentration of rubber milk and the removal of impurities in rubber milk;
- Paint separator: it is used to separate the impurities in the paint and improve the quality of the paint;